What is ERP?
How to Effectively Manage your Small to Medium-Sized Business
Enterprise Resource Planning, most commonly referred to as ERP, is a broad set of activities that helps an organization effectively manage their business by facilitating the flow of information so that business decisions can be data-driven.
Enterprise Resource Planning solutions provide companies with the ability to integrate several various functions, such as inventory management, accounting, product life cycle, human resources, customer relationship management (CRM), and so much more, into one complete system to streamline processes and information across the entire organization.
Common features of Enterprise Resource Planning software include:
- Marketing automation
- Sales force automation
- Shared database that supports multiple functions used by different business units
The proper use and implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning system allows your small to medium-sized business (SMB) to benefit in a number of ways, including:
• Improves financial compliance with regulatory standards
• Eliminates redundant processes and systems by automating core business operations such as order-to-fulfillment and procure-to-pay
• Enhances customer service by providing one source for billing and relationship tracking
• Allowing customer-facing employees to have a complete view of customers by tying ERP information with customer relationship management (CRM)
Interested in finding out how ERP can help improve your business?