Like many business owners you probably have a goal of growing your business in the new year.
But do you know which signs actually point towards growth?
Here are a few signs you're starting to outgrow your current software:
1. Everything takes too much time.
- Data is being re-keyed in different systems that don't connect or worse, your business is relying on spreadsheets.
- Reporting takes too long.
- Errors are being made.
2. Everyone has poor visibility into the business.
- The right metrics aren't tracked.
- Data provided can't be trusted.
- Forecasting isn't available, so it's harder to plan for the future.
3. Everyone has a different version of the truth.
- Data can't be shared or accessed by the right people.
- Collaboration doesn't exist or is more difficult than it should be.
- Everyone takes longer to make decisions because they have different data.
4. No one has enough time to grow the business.
- It's more difficult to attract and retain talent.
- Time is spent on basic things instead of improvements and upgrades.
- Everyone has a workaround instead of focusing on streamlining the business.
5. The business is poorly equipped for business expansion.
- It's difficult to consolidate financial information, especially for more than one site.
- Setting up new products and services is cumbersome.
So, what you can do?
1. Understand your organizations core needs.
- Identify the metrics you need.
- Think which systems you need to connect--accounting, inventory, HR and payroll, sales, marketing, and payments.
- Get a business partner you can trust.
2. Stop doing business as usual.
- Eliminate unnecessary tasks. If the data from reports aren't valuable, don't do the reports.
- Delegate so you can make time to grow the business.
- Set up incentives for quality to help your team reduce errors.
3. Don't tackle everything at once.
- Do what's within your budget. Ideas to save money: subscriptions and software with add-on capability.
- Prioritize. Handle your biggest challenge and then move onto the next priority.
Notice a couple signs that show you're ready to grow your small business?
We would love to speak with you about how Klear Systems can benefit your organization.
Give us a call at (949) 681-8135,
email us at email@example.com
or complete the form below and we’ll reach out to you.